‘From the River to the Sea': Censorship, free speech, and the Israel-Gaza conflict
Join Josie Pagani, Paul Moon, and Jonathan Ayling for an evening of a panel discussion and Q+A on speech rights and the ability to pursue tolerant debate on conflict in the Middle East. This evening is about our ability to deal with complex and competing ideas, not the substance of the conflict itself.
Key questions to be addressed:
- Why should protestors be allowed to burn Israeli/Palestine flags?
- What constitutes 'incitement to violence'?
- Why should chants like ‘from the river to the sea, Palestine will be free’ be protected speech?
- How can terms like Islamophobic or antisemitic be used to suppress debate?
- Are France and Germany right to prohibit demonstrations in favour of Palestine?
- How are we grabbing with this issue, the power of speech, and our conviction that it should be free?
December 01, 2023 at 7:00pm - 10pm
Nathan Seiuli ·
You might also like: